Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Adam. And I am on the search for a great job and a fulfilling career.

I'm 28 years old and I have spent almost 8 years of college (undergrad and grad) studying business and finance, plus 5 years of dedicated work in the banking industry. A little over a month ago, I joined the ranks of the unemployed. Now, I have a long journey set before me. It is not my intent to spend my time finding just any job. I want to find the right job. Whether it be in banking, finance, or fast-food.

What is the right job? Haven't the faintest clue. I know it exists. There is a job out there for me. One that will put me on the right road to a career that is meant for me. My goal is to devote myself to work that doesn't feel like work. I want to be excited to get out of bed every morning. The right career will fill me with a sense of purpose and pride. It is my sincere belief that, in doing this, I will take a major step in achieving the peace and happiness I seek out of life.

So, I've decided to begin this blog as a self disciplinary tool, as well as a way to offer help to others that may be in a similar position. Follow me in my journey. Learn from my mistakes. Because I can assure you, I will make many.

To facilitate this journey, I will be reading and following the book 48 Days To The Work You Love by Dan Miller. It is my goal to discuss each of these 48 days that I experience, recap the progress made, and share the successes and failures in following the steps I've taken as inspired by the book. I'll also review in detail tools & resources I used along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment