Monday, August 22, 2011

Keep On Keeping On

It has been a long time since I've posted. That doesn't mean I have forgotten about my journey or am being lazy. Quite the opposite actually.

My aim to find a new job has been accomplished. Is it my true calling? Is it the job I've been searching for? Maybe not. We will see. In searching for fulfillment, I can't rest it all on the job. That certainly helps. But, its the whole package I am after. So, while I try this new role on to see if it fits, my focus is to use whatever spare time I can scrape up to develop other areas of my life.

One of the biggest lessons I've learned this year is that you absolutely must have goals. Not just one, but many. But, keep them small and achievable. Goals should be like steps on a staircase. Your aim may be to get to the next floor, but focus on each step you take. Live in the now. And reward yourself for your accomplishments. It may only be one step out of 20 that must be taken, but how many people would make the excuses to avoid the staircase completely? What I am getting at here is " a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step" kinda thing....only, my phrasing is pretty lame.

Be proud of the steps you take. Never stop expecting more from yourself, and each of those steps will lead you closer to your dreams faster than you ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment